Japanese Fried Rice
Japanese Fried Rice Recipe
Japanese fried rice is as easy to prepare as it is economical and is a great way to use left-overs.
Short grain rice is more authenic but any rice can be used.
For a healthy, low G.I. variation try using brown rice
Tips for making perfect Japanese fried rice
- Use Japanese soy sauce. It is sweeter than other varieties and has a unique taste.
- Start with cold rice so the egg does not cook prematurely and become lumpy.
- Use less oil by microwaving the mixed egg and rice before adding to the pan.
- 2 T oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 C cooked rice
- 1/2 onion
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/2 C vegetables (e.g. bean sprouts, snow peas, spring onions, scallions, corn etc.)
- 1/2 C chicken, pork, fish, prawns, crab meat (cooked or raw, optional)
- 1 red chilli & garlic to taste (optional)
- Beat the eggs together.
- Mix the rice with the eggs so every grain is coated with egg.
- Chop the onion, vegetables.
- Chop or shred the meat or fish.
- Deseed and slice the chilli.
- Peel and thinly slice the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a wok or non-stick pan.
- Fry the onion until translucent.
- Add the chilli and garlic & stir fry 1 minute.
- If using meat, add and fry until almost cooked.
- Add the chopped vegetables. Stir gently until cooked.
- Add the mixed rice and egg. Stir gently until warmed through and the egg is cooked.
- If using fish or seafood, add and cook until it it changes color. This way it will not be over-cooked.
- Add the soy sauce and gently stir through .
- Serve and enjoy.
Copyright © jp41.com 2005-2016 . All rights reserved.
Please contact us if you would like to know more about Japanese fried rice recipe
Page topic: Japanese Fried Rice